Saturday, August 29, 2009

First day: God creates light

First full day of unemployment.

I was totally worthless.

I actually debated on if I should shower or not. My achievement for the day was getting dressed. I was rather proud that I had pants on when the husband got home from work.

ONE WEEK OF TOTAL NON-DOING IS ALL I ASK FOR. I want to swim, not talk to people, wake up and sleep when I feel like it. I don't want to smile or be fake for one week. I want to be quiet. I want to read. I want to wear whatever, look however, maybe smell one day. I want to eat wherever and whatever I feel like. I want to use curse words in every sentence. Play with the dogs. This week is for me.

Next week however is a different story.

I have to go through 5+ years worth of working in retail clothes. I need to sell, donate destroy, reorganize A LOT of clothes. I want to learn to use my sewing machine finally so I can alter some and utilize the fabric. My ultimate goal is to make money through creation.

I need to get healthy. Not in that faux new-years-resolution way.

I have to sit down and map out a budget for us. The financial aspect is what worries me about my decision. I think we'll be in the red pretty fast. I wish people were still paid to donate blood. I'd do it. Do people get paid to run errands? I wouldn't mind that.

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
-Lloyd Dobler

No comments:

Post a Comment